Our selection of freshly baked breads

Delicious breads, straight from our wood-fired oven

All Firebrand breads are hand-shaped and baked in our 1930's wood-fired oven, either in tins or directly on the brick floor of the oven. We use absolutely no yeast, sugar, fat, oil or improvers – just good, wholesome and natural ingredients.

All breads are made using one or more of the following LAUCKE flours: unbleached strong white flour, wholewheat flour, rye wholemeal.

Firebrand breads to complement every meal

While we do bake some of our breads every day, we appreciate that not everyone has the same taste and some prefer a different loaf, so we try to fit in as much variety as we can. If your favourite isn't shown here, take a look at our Daily Baking Schedule – it may be listed there. If it's not, and you REALLY crave for it get in contact with us, and we'll see what we can do to satisfy your yearning.

DELICIOUS FIREBRAND BREADS

Pane Casalinga

Available Daily

Pane Casalinga, our most popular loaf, is made from only the purest unbleached white flour, wholemeal leaven (sourdough starter), water and sea salt, then hand-shaped, risen in canvas cloths and baked on the oven floor.

Light Rye

Available Mondays and Fridays

Made from 100% wholemeal flour, 100% rye flour, wholemeal leaven (sourdough starter), water and sea salt only.

Multigrain

Available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays

Made from unbleached white flour, wholemeal leaven (sourdough starter), water, and sea salt with cracked wheat, rye, maize, sunflower seeds, linseed, and soy grits. Available in casalinga shape or tinned, with or without sesame seeds.

Irish Potato

Available Tuesdays

Made from unbleached white flour, 100% wholemeal flour, wholemeal leaven (sourdough starter), water, fresh mashed potato, and sea salt.

NEW! New York Deli Rye

Available Wednesdays

New York Deli Rye is a realistic attempt at re-creating an authentic New York "Jewish Rye Bread" in Australia using Australian flour. It is started with a rye sour and contains 40% Rye meal, the other 60% being unbleached white flour "dirtied up" with a small amount of wholemeal to replicate the First Clear flour used in NY, which is collected early in the white flour milling process still containing some bran and germ. plus 1.8% caraway seeds. This bread has a delightful sour taste distinctive from all our other breads.

Spicy Fruit Bread

Available Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays

Made from wholewheat flour, unbleached white flour, wholemeal leaven (sourdough starter), sundried raisins, currants and sultanas, apple juice, boiled orange, and our own mix of spices.

Schwarzbrot 100% Rye

Available Tuesdays

Made from 100% Rye Meal, 100% Rye leaven (sourdough starter), water, and sea salt. 100% rye breads may have very long keeping times, measured in months rather than days.

– Contains NO Wheat –

Wholemeal Sourdough (tinned or crusty)

Available Mondays and Fridays

Made from just 100% wholemeal flour, wholemeal leaven (sourdough starter), water and sea salt, this crusty 100% wholewheat loaf is risen in a canvas lined basket and baked on the oven floor, or baked in a tin.

Pain De Campagne

Available Mondays and Fridays

Known as Pain de campagne (country bread) in France. this crusty loaf is made from 100% wholemeal flour, 100% rye flour, wholemeal leaven (sourdough starter), water and sea salt only. The loaf is risen in a canvas lined basket and baked on the oven floor.

Parisian Sourdough

Available Fridays and Saturdays

Casalinga built up again with more flour and water then fermented again -resulting in a crustier loaf with a more complex flavour, with or without sesame seeds.

White High Top

Available Daily

Made from only the purest unbleached white flour, wholemeal leaven (sourdough starter), water and sea salt, then hand-shaped and baked in tins.

Olive and rosemary bread

Available Wednesdays

Made from unbleached white flour, rye meal, wholemeal leaven (sourdough starter), water, calamata olives, rosemary, and sea salt.

Wholesale Enquiries

Unfortunately we are not set up for wholesale, we can't deliver for starters, but we give a 20% discount for picking up wholesale orders.